Did you know that there is more than CBD in your CBD Oil.
CBD is not very bioavailable since it needs to be in the presence of fat to be effectively absorbed, that’s why CBD oils contain a carrier oil, whether it’s MCT oil, hempseed, avocado, coconut, ghee, grapeseed, olive, palm kernel oil or another oil.
What’s a carrier oil?
A carrier oil is what the name implies. It’s an oil that carries another substance. The same way that a perfume contains a base that carries the scent.
But with CBD, a carrier oil does more than just act as a base. It powerfully influences how much CBD your body absorbs and utilizes.
If you were to extract and dry the CBD from hemp, it wouldn’t do you much good.
- First, pure CBD powder would be hard to measure accurately because the doses are so small. (It’s very powerful!)
- But second, powdered CBD is not very bioavailable since it needs to be in the presence of fat to be effectively absorbed. Thus, the carrier oils.
Does it matter which kind of carrier oil is used?
We think so. RESTART CBD uses Organic MCT coconut oil and here’s why?
MCT stands for medium chain triglycerides. Derived from coconut (or sustainably sourced palm kernel oil). MCTs are easier to digest and absorb than long chain triglycerides (like the ones in olive oil). As a result, the CBD they carry is released into your system quickly. MCT oil also preserves more CBD during the extraction process than other oils. In fact, coconut oil has been called a “near perfect medium for cannabis” products because of the ease with which CBD binds to it.
All carrier oils ARE NOT created equal. We prefer organic “coconut” MCT oil vs. palm kernel oil for the following reasons:
- Coconut oil, derived from the fruit of the coconut tree, is a super-oil full of naturally present antioxidants and is an excellent anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial.
- It is exceptional for nourishing the hair, nails and skin. Its almost 50% content of lauric acid means that coconut oil can retain a long shelf life and improve good cholesterol (HDL).
- It is also great for dry skin and treating skin conditions as it has natural deep moisturizing properties. Which is why we love using it in our topicals as well.
- RESTART CBD Organic MCT oil is derived from coconuts.
RESTART CBD PURE CBD Oil starts with organically grown, co2 extracted CBD and combines it with Organic MCT coconut oil. That’s it.
NOTE: For those allergic to Coconut Oil, we do offer a custom blend RESTART REPAIR with hempseed oil.
Hempseed oil does not contain any CBD. This constituent occurs in other parts of the hemp plant. So when you use hempseed as the carrier oil, you are reuniting some of the various components of the whole plant, which may work in synergy together. Same goes for hemp extract and other hemp compounds, which we can custom blend for you in our 30ml RESTART REPAIR. However, we recommend keeping it in the refrigerator, and using it within 6 months as it is one of the few oils that have a very short shelf life once open and exposed to air.
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT MCT OIL:
“In order to boost your energy levels, consuming “a tablespoon of MCT oil” is a great alternative to inhaling cups of coffee, because “it’s a very concentrated source of energy.”