Become a Texas Cannabis Advocate
Mission: To “stay informed” and to end the prohibition of cannabis.
Join Local Organizations
- Join Texas NORML The Austin Chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws
- Follow Texans for Responsible Marijuana Policy: A coalition of organizations and individuals who are committed to: Promoting honest, fact-based dialogue regarding marijuana use and the negative effects of its criminalization. Removing penalties for adults’ possession of marijuana for personal use. Allowing seriously and terminally ill patients to safely obtain and use medical marijuana if their doctors recommend it.
- Texas Cannabis Industry Association – Mentorship. Advocacy. Education.
- Texas Marijuana Policy Project – MPP’s mission is to change federal law to allow states to determine their own marijuana policies without federal interference, to allow the medical use of cannabis in all 50 states and U.S. territories, and to regulate marijuana like alcohol.
- Hemp Industry Daily
- Texas Advocacy Workshops
Follow News & Updates
- Cannabis Business Times – Start your FREE one-year subscription to CANNABIS BUSINESS TIMES to secure our next issue.
- What other states are doing.
- Texas Cannabis Report
NEWS: Austin: No more arrests for small amounts of marijuana! (Jan 24, 2020)
- With unanimous approval, on Jan 24, 2020, the Austin City Council approved a resolution that will put an end to arrests for low-level marijuana possession!
- Click here to read public comments offered by Heather Fazio, director of Texans for Responsible Marijuana Policy and click here to watch the video of all public comment.
- Texas votes matter on the National Stage. Register to Vote – http://www.votetexas.gov/register-to-vote/
- Volunteer – Fill out this Get Involved Form to help replace our state’s destructive and wasteful marijuana prohibition laws with responsible policies.
- Ask Your Organization to Endorse – Community organizations, criminal justice reform advocates, civil rights groups, businesses, and faith-based groups all have an interest in taking marijuana off of the criminal market. Why not raise the issue with any group you belong to? Email us at [email protected] to let us know if you’re interested in working on an endorsement.
- Write A Letter to the Editor
- Texas Cannabis Advocate Talking Points to help you craft a letter-to-the-editor to your local newspaper.
HEMP COMPLIANCE & OVERVIEW
House Bill 1325, which legalized hemp and hemp-derived products like CBD oil, soared through the Texas Legislature this year and was signed into law June 10, 2019 by Texas Gov. Abbott.
The House Judiciary Committee also approved a bill on 11/20/19 that would legalize marijuana on the federal level, removing it from Schedule 1 of the Controlled Substances Act.
TAKE ACTION — CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE!
- Identify your representative and their Capitol office phone number.
- Call your Texas State Representative to ask that they vote yes to make cannabis marijuana legal in the US and Texas. (Leave a message if necessary.)