7 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU READ THIS:
- We are not talking about marijuana. We are talking about Hemp products you currently find in your local grocery store and the CBD that comes from the hemp plant.
- Cannabis Sativa L produces 2 plants: hemp and marijuana
- CBD (cannabidiol) is produced by both plants
- The Hemp plant contains less than 1% THC, usually less than .3%, and cannot get you “high”.
- The Marijuana plant contains more than 1% THC, the cannabinoid that will get you “high”.
- Hemp is not illegal and is not considered a drug.
- The CBD we sell comes from the legal, non-intoxicating hemp plant.
Hemp CBD becoming a hot topic for those that want to provide healing and those that are greedy. Unfortunately many influential agencies are trying to manipulate the conversation for corporate financial benefit. This evolving dialogue will have a huge impact on society.
THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO “PROTECT” YOU FROM CBD
Government agencies such as the DEA, FDA, and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention continue to discover and publish the value of natural hemp CBD. So our government understands (to some extent) the health benefits associated with CBD but they also know the dangers of quick-profit businesses that are producing synthetic CBD products, like Spice, and introducing them into the marketplace. They are synthetically recreated in pharmaceutical labs for a huge profit.
Although cannabis is legal to grow and use in many states, it is still not legal in all states. This is one of the reasons why many sellers are stocking synthetic CBD over the naturally-derived kind: it doesn’t place them in potential legal jeopardy. It often comes from China, costs less, and is lobbied by pharmaceuticals to monopolize the market. However, with synthetic CBD comes a long list of “approved” side effects that natural, hemp-derived CBD does not possess.
During a 2015 study, the most common adverse side effects of synthetic cannabinoids, as reported by the CDC, were:
- Tachycardia (abnormally rapid heart rate).
- Drowsiness or lethargy.
- 15 reported deaths.
Pharmaceutical CBD will more than likely be manufactured in a lab, once again providing the exact kind of synthetic CBD that the government is trying to protect us from, and introducing the side effects that caused the panic in the first place.
ILLEGAL SYNTHETIC CBD
The promise of the therapeutic effects of hemp CBD cause greedy companies to create a synthetic version of CBD (Spice or illegal designer cannabinoids) saying they will improve potency, efficacy, pharmaco-kinetic properties and make a huge profit from this natural substance that has all the holistic benefits in the plant itself.
FDA APPROVED SYNTHETIC CANNABINOIDS
Marinol is a well known “legal” synthetic cannabinoid that is endorsed by the FDA for pharmaceutical use, but it also has a long list of side effects, as expected from pharmaceutical companies. Side effects are not common with natural hemp CBD.
Regarding these synthetic cannabinoid drugs approved by the FDA, the FDA reports side effects that include but are not limited to:
- mood changes;
- weakness, lack of coordination;
- dizziness, trouble concentrating;
- anxiety, confusion;
- feeling “high”;
- stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- warmth or tingly feeling; or
- disturbing psychiatric symptoms
- sleep problems (insomnia).
- hypotension (low blood pressure)
- syncope (fainting),
- tachycardia (fast heartbeat)
We encourage you to become educated about the products you are buying.
- Ask questions: What is the source of the CBD? Where is the hemp grown?
- Read the labels.
- Most importantly be aware of what is going on in the cannabis industry. Become an active voice in the conversation, and protect this amazing plant from the profiteering of those that are only interested in their profits and not interested in the health of our civilization.
SYNTHETIC CBD. Just Say No!
Additional Study on Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders.