What is CBD Wax?
RESTART CBD wax concentrates are one of the purest forms of CBD, or cannabidiol, infused with terpene blends that enhances the aroma, flavor and effects of the wax. CBD wax is highly concentrated which allows you to take high levels of CBD while ingesting less volume to achieve the results you’re looking for. Heating raw wax concentrates and inhaling the vapors, results in nearly immediate absorption.
This is one of the cleanest and purest CBD options out there. Simply add a tiny bit of wax to a dab pen and inhale all the goodness that comes with our organic wax CBD concentrate. Best of all, these natural raw dabs are totally safe to be ingested and taken orally. CBD wax can be dabbed on a concentrate pen or sprinkled onto your favorite smoking blend to bring on the full effects of CBD, CBG, and other cannabinoids working harmoniously together. Melts perfectly into your rig or joint for a longer lasting smoke!
We offer a wide variety of CBD wax options, with strains from Pineapple Express to OG Kush and more. These terpenes are derived from natural plants and are designed to mimic popular medical marijuana strains that offer a wide range of benefits. However, it offers all of this without the high, since this pure CBD isolate derivative contains no THC.
The effects vary from terpene to terpene; some are especially successful in relieving stress, while others promote focus and acuity.
How is CBD wax made?
CBD wax can be made using several different extraction processes including. It’s basically made by blasting the plant material with a solvent in what’s called a “closed-loop extraction system.” The most common methods used to produce CBD wax include:
- Butane Hash Oil Extraction (BHO) – leaves residual solvents.
- CO2 Extraction. CO2 extraction has become one of the most preferred methods of producing CBD wax. This offers a “cleaner” CBD wax than those produced with butane, where consumers can be confident they aren’t . It uses pressurized carbon dioxide to pull out cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids. High pressure and heat are used to turn the CO2 supercritical, which means it is simultaneously like a liquid and a gas, which is why it is often referred to as “supercritical CO2 extraction.” RESTART CBD uses CO2 extraction for all of our products.
Unlike butane, any CO2 that remains in the concentrate after extraction simply evaporates.
Different Types of Wax
There are actually a few different kinds of CBD wax and knowing the differences between each can help you make a more informed choice if you decide CBD wax might be beneficial for you.
Manufacturers won’t typically list their products as “CBD wax.” Instead, you’re likely to find products labeled as things like “CBD shatter,” “CBD budder,” “CBD crumble” or “CBD live resin.”
Let’s take a look at what makes each unique:
- CBD Wax – RESTART CBD offers 80% Broad Spectrum CBD wax with NO THC for our cannabis connoisseurs. This convenient wax form is pure and natural for all your CBD needs.
- CBD Shatter – Usually made with Pure CBD Isolate. The structure of CBD shatter is different than “wax,” and just as the name implies, shatter gets its name from its brittle, glass-like appearance. It can also appear in the form of CBD crystals or just a broken up bit of CBD .Some might liken it to rock candy. Shatter is produced by using chemicals or heat to extract the oil, then when it cools and begins to harden, it takes on the appearance of amber-hued glass. When shatter is heated to consume, it turns into a gooey, thick liquid that looks very similar to honey.
- CBD Budder – CBD budder is made by air pressure and purging hemp at extremely high temperatures. The result is a fluffy wax that is very similar to the consistency of butter, which is where this particular CBD wax gets its name. CBD Budder is produced by using greater temperatures and increased air pressure during the purging process.
- CBD Crumble – CBD crumble is produced using a similar extraction process to that of budder, but uses a pre-purged CBD oil that is higher in moisture and viscosity. This results in a product that’s more crumbly than CBD budder with a consistency that’s a lot like feta cheese. In many ways similar to that texture and how it crumbles. While this wax is derived from a more typical extraction process, the difference is that this wax uses a pre-purged oil. That pre-purged CBD oil contains more moisture and is a heavier, thicker oil. This produces the unique wax texture of Crumble, which is also known for having a distinct flavor.
- CBD Live Resin – To produce CBD live resin, hemp is first freeze-dried while it is fresh before the extraction process takes place. All other extraction methods used to make CBD wax use hemp that has been air dried and cured. When hemp is frozen first, there is increased preservation of cannabinoids and terpenes, resulting in what many consider to be the “crème de la crème” when it comes to different types of CBD wax, which is why it’s typically the costliest option.
How to Use CBD Wax
There are a few different ways to consume CBD wax. By far the most popular is dabbing. The word “dabbing” is so associated with CBD wax that you’ll sometimes hear wax referred to as a “dab.”
The different ways you can use CBD wax:
If you vape or if you are familiar with the CBD or hemp world, the term “dabbing” is something you are probably familiar with or know about. It is simply the process of heating the wax and placing a small pellet-sized amount on your pen coil. The wax then vaporizes upon heating and hence, users are now vaping as the inhale. Vaping CBD is one of the most popular methods of ingestion. One of the best parts about vaping is that your vape pen can be taken with you anywhere you go. There are plenty of vaporizers on the market made specifically for concentrates and investing in a quality model is vital if you’re looking for the best experience possible. Vaporizers on the lower end of the quality spectrum won’t heat up enough to vaporize your CBD wax. Your best bet is a vaporizer with a quartz crystal or ceramic heating chamber with titanium coils.
- Make sure that you have fully charged your favorite CBD dab pen.
- Follow the manufacturer instructions on how to use your Dab pen.
- Apply a rice grain sized dab directly on to the coil and screw the dab pen back together.
- Now, simply click the button, inhale and feel the difference!
Dabbing is the most popular way to consume CBD wax. It’s really easy to dab once you know what you’re doing. Technically, dabbing is “the flash vaporization” of CBD wax when applied to a (very) hot surface and inhaled. To dab, you’ll need what’s known as a “dab rig.” One of the major components of the dab rig is the nail, which is the part of the rig where the wax is vaporized. The nail is usually made of ceramic, glass or titanium, and is heated up using a blowtorch.
All you do is add a bit of the CBD wax to the hot nail surface, where it immediately turns to vapor, which is then inhaled like a traditional bong. Never taken a traditional bong hit?
For those of you familiar with using a bong, CBD wax can also be taken with a bong. You just place your CBD wax in the bowl of your bong, light and inhale like you normally would when taking a bong hit.
If you prefer to use these raw CBD dabs under your tongue, simply start with a small (rice-sized) portion of wax. Allow the piece of CBD wax to rest under your tongue for about 90 seconds, and then swallow.
What Are the Benefits of CBD Wax?
The biggest benefit of CBD wax is undoubtedly the high potency it contains. When CBD wax is made right, it contains little to no residual solvents and an extremely high concentration of CBD.
Take note. CBD wax is a concentrated form of CBD that doesn’t take much to get the job done. This highly concentrated form of CBD could be what it takes for you to experience a noticeable effect.
While not everyone benefits from CBD the same, there are countless people that have experienced better results by using CBD wax over traditional methods like CBD tincturesor CBD capsules.
What is the Best CBD Wax for You?
Everyone is different, from our chemistry to our DNA to how our body processes and digests, which means the best wax form for you will most likely depend on you. Experiment with what best works for you and what techniques have the most desired impact. Vape, roll, oils or ointments – your body and how you respond will tell you what works – and what works best.
CBD oils and isolates are the initial result of extracting CBD from the plant. While these oils are then purged to produce wax, the potency remains intact and the effectiveness of oil versus wax is dependent on the user.
CBD wax is just another way to experience the benefits of this amazing new industry and it could be the best way for you to experience CBD – but that’s for you to decide. Wax, Budder or Crumble – there is likely a CBD product perfect for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this product have a high CBD concentration level?
These raw dabs contain over 800mg of CBD per gram of wax. That’s a high concentration, which is why we recommend starting with a very small (rice-sized) amount until you know exactly how you react to dabbing CBD. This product absolutely would be considered to have a high CBD concentration, so start off slow!
Does this product come with a CBD wax dab pen?
The products we sell are just the raw dabs (CBD wax) alone. We do offer a variety of glass pipes and batteries to dab however.
CBD Wax: A Natural Way To Experience Cannabidiol
Each 1 gram of concentrated CBD rich hemp oil includes essential amino acids and fatty acids with over 800mg of pure CBD, plus natural terpenes. (Natural OG Hemp containts no added terpenes). That’s it. Whether you dab it or use it under your tongue, you can feel good about ordering CBD wax that’s organically and ethically sourced, with no harmful additives.
Each gram contains roughly 20 servings.
Have questions that this guide to CBD wax didn’t answer? We’re always here to help. –RESTART CBD