What are CBD Gummies?
One thing that a lot of people seem to get confused about is the difference between CBD gummies and CBD edibles. CBD gummies ARE edibles! They are enjoyed all over the world in different shapes, flavors and sizes.
Basically, any kind of cannabis or CBD-infused product that you “eat,” would of course be classified as an “edible.” However, CBD oils are not classified as edibles because even though they are administered orally (by placing drops under the tongue and then swallowing), you are not technically “eating” it.
A lot of people prefer edibles over oils (or other forms of CBD products like salves, capsules, ointments, etc) for a couple of different reasons.
- When you eat a CBD gummy, the active compound is absorbed straight into cells through the digestive system – easy, quick, and highly efficient.
- While some companies have managed to kind of mask the bitter taste of raw hemp in their oils, many products out there are downright nasty, and even difficult to swallow (let alone to try and hold under your tongue for a minute and a half!). With the exception of RESTART CBD Pure CBD oils that are tasteless, odorless and leave no after-taste. Even our RESTART CBD Full Spectrum Oils are one of the best we’ve tasted. Using only raw honey, agave/monk fruit to cut the “hempy” taste.
- Because of the taste of some full spectrum CBD Hemp oils, CBD edibles are preferred by thousands of day-to-day CBD consumers, and are often commonly used in the workplace due to their discreteness.
- Some people say that CBD gummies (and other forms of edibles) are more faster-acting for them than sublingual (under the tongue) oils. However, studies indicate that the absorption strength is higher when taken under the tongue or vaped. So keep in mind, when taking CBD gummies, you may need to increase your dose.
- With CBD oils, the compounds are absorbed through glands first, before eventually ending up in the bloodstream. It may take longer to notice the effects when using CBD Oils. As a general rule of thumb, it’s typically regarded that gummies/edibles are faster-acting, while oils are much longer-lasting (many people, for example, get by with just a single morning dose).
- One of the most popular reasons that people buy gummy bears (25mg CBD) is for discreteness while eating them at work.
- CBD infused gummies are the perfect way to get your potent cannabidiol dose for all-day long relaxation. They are easy to carry and perfect for those on the go.
- Of course, one of the main reasons to try CBD gummies is that they are simply DELICIOUS. If we put the medical aspects aside and you decide to try one or two, you’ll understand. It’s a fun way to consume CBD, and it provides people with a healthy and balanced source of energy. And most importantly, it’s packed with health and wellness advantages without giving you the “high” of traditional marijuana products.
Similar to CBD oils, CBD gummies are edibles that are packed with CBD. The best ones for you will be 100% natural with no artificial flavors or colorings. And you can get them with and without THC.
Unlike pure CBD from marijuana (which also contains high amounts of THC), CBD gummies are made from hemp oil. So they are completely non-psychoactive. Full spectrum CBD gummies should contain <0.3% THC. They will also contain other important cannabis compounds such as CBD, CBN, CBG, terpenes plus selected vitamins like D3, B12 and Vitamin D. CBD Isolate gummies will not contact any THC and the best ones use 99%+ Pure CBD.
It’s important to understand that extracting CBD from hemp is not exactly the same thing as extracting CBD from Cannabis (marijuana). Since hemp is legal, it naturally contains fewer cannabinoids (most notably THC) than regular cannabis does.
Manufacturers must process massive amounts of it at a time just in order to get sufficient amounts of CBD in the hemp oil extract. It can be a potentially risky process if it’s not done right.
Some manufacturers, for example, pump harsh solvents like hexane and butane through massive volumes of raw hemp in order to extract the plant’s active compounds. While effective, this can lead to dangerous chemical residues being left over in the final product
This is why it’s so important when choosing the best CBD gummies, to only buy from quality, reputable companies with transparent and proven extraction methods.
We do not recommend products that use CBD that’s been extracted with this method.
We do recommend CO2 Extraction. CO2 extraction is a relatively complex (and VERY expensive) technique, but there are a few companies in the cannabis industry that have managed to master the process, compressing as much CBD as possible from the raw hemp flowers into a therapeutic, safe and very potent product.
What conditions can CBD gummies help with?
It’s important to understand that CBD Gummies are not miracle pills. So be realistic in your expectations!
Generally speaking, CBD edibles (and especially CBD gummies) are aimed at helping various conditions. The major reasons for consuming non-psychoactive edibles is because the CBD levels within the gummies help to cope.
And of course, CBD is now believed to even influence pain pathways and help the body deal with discomfort by affecting the bodies natural endocannabinoid system. In fact, several studies have found that CBD shows promise as a natural alternative to pharmaceuticals.
Things to look for when searching for gummies?
- Products are all-natural CBD
- Legal in all 50 states
- Should not contain THC
- 100% organic and natural
- Naturally-flavored (no artificial flavors or ingredients)
- No synthetic chemicals or chemical solvents
- 100% satisfaction guarantee (with refund)
- The company has no problem showcasing (current) lab results